Annual Connection Session
2020 Connection Session: Practicing Adolescent-Centered Trauma-Informed Care in a Clinical Setting
AHI is pleased to announce the Fifth Annual Connection Session!
Join us for an interactive training on Practicing Adolescent-Centered Trauma-Informed Care in a Clinical Setting, which will be completely virtual on Tuesday, October 6 from 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM EST.
The 2020 Connection Session is designed for health care professionals who serve adolescents, including physicians, nurses, social workers, health center managers, and other youth-serving community professionals.
After completing this activity, participants will be able to identify adverse-childhood experiences and their negative effects in their practice. After completing this activity, participants will be able to implement effective strategies for trauma-informed care.
The session is partially funded through the Office of Continuing Medical Education and Lifelong Learning at Michigan Medicine.
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of XX AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Cost of Attendance:
- Standard Fee: $30.00
- Student Fee: $20.00*
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify ways adverse childhood experiences can negatively impact individuals’ mental and physical health
- Explore impact of intergenerational trauma
- Accommodate lack of trust with health care system due to past medical traumas
- List strategies providers and health centers can employ to create a trauma-responsive environment, including physical space, procedures, and interactions among staff, providers, and patients in brief interventions
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary affinity groups to apply strategies to practice
- Create actionable personal and organizational plans to strengthen trauma-informed practices
Dr. Polly Y. Gipson, Ph.D., Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry, Michigan Medicine, Director, Trauma and Grief Clinic, Director
Presenting on: You, Me and Transgenerational Trauma: Moving from Trauma-Awareness to Trauma-Informed Care
Looking for a creative way to reach an interdisciplinary group of health professionals? Become a sponsor of AHI’s Annual Connection Session virtual mini-conference today to reach hundreds of professionals, from many states.
Sponsoring the Connection Session provides the opportunity to reach a national community of attendees committed to adolescent health. The 2020 Connection Session centers on Practicing Adolescent-Centered Trauma-Informed Care in a Clinical setting, equipping sponsoring organizations to reach a targeted audience.
This year, we are offering a *new* virtual sponsorship rate of just $230, which includes:
- Registration for the Annual Connection Session, and access to recordings post event
- Acknowledgement in opening & closing remarks, and on the virtual handout
- A feature on AHI’s social media pages before, during, and post event
- Recognition on AHI’s website before, during, and post event
Follow this link to register. With any questions about sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com
Connecting adolescent health professionals
AHI’s Connection Sessions
The Adolescent Health Initiative is proud to host their annual Connection Session for leaders in the field of adolescent health. Connection Sessions are day-long conferences that focus on one specific topic in adolescent health. These professional development opportunities aim to connect health professionals to community resources and others in the field. AHI is thrilled to bring you the 4th annual connection session this October. We hope to see you there!