2017 Connection Session: Addressing and Preventing Adolescent Substance Use
Thank you for joining us at this interactive training for health professionals! This event featured an informative keynote address, interactive round table discussions, and an insightful youth panel.
Keep an eye out for the next Connection Session in 2018!
2017 Featured Topics
- A keynote session describing the spectrum of adolescent substance use from the standpoint of neurobiology and brain development.
- Participants learned:
- the principles of screening in adolescent substance use
- brief intervention in adolescent substance use
- societal efforts to reduce adolescent substance us
- Round table discussions covered the following topics
- Co-occuring Disorders: Substance Use and Mental Health Disorders
- Engaging Parents
- Prescription Drugs and Opioids
- Tobacco, Vaping, and E-Cigarettes
- Youth Perspectives
The 2017 Connection Session took place in the Morris Lawrence building at Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor, MI. The building is situated on a beautifully wooded campus that is centrally located between Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti, MI.
Thank you to our sponsors, Ozone House, and University of Michigan Addiction Center & Addiction Treatment Services!