Virtual Clinic Tour
Virtual Clinic Tour
The appearance and physical environment of a health center can make a strong first impression. When an adolescent patient walks in through the door, you’ll want them to feel like they belong. Many times, health centers are designed for adults or children only. If adolescents don’t feel like they belong in that space, it may affect the quality of their visit as they might not feel comfortable talking about important health topics such as sexual health.
Not sure if your health center is welcoming to adolescents? This is where the Virtual Clinic Tour comes in. The Virtual Clinic Tour is a chance to take AHI on a virtual walkthrough of your health center to identify areas of opportunity for adolescent-friendly improvements.
Learn more about the Virtual Clinic Tour
- Who is it for?
- Any health care clinic (pediatric, family medicine, behavioral health, family planning, school-based health center, etc.) that serves adolescents and is motivated to make improvements to their physical space.
- What are the benefits of this tool?
- Sites that complete the Virtual Clinic Tour will get a customized report with specific recommendations and resources on how to improve their health center space to be more adolescent-friendly. They also will have access to AHI staff to answer any questions and troubleshoot any barriers.
- How is this different than the Adolescent-Centered Environment Assessment Process (ACE-AP)?
- The ACE-AP is an 18-month quality improvement process that involves several distinct periods of data collection, implementation, and wrap-up is dedicated to improving the clinic’s environment, policies, and practices. The Virtual Clinic Tour is a one-time commitment (about 1 hour in length) and will provide insight into the physical aspects of the clinic.
- Is there a fee?
- There is a nominal fee to participate. Please reach out to AHI if this fee is prohibitive to your health center participating!
- How can I sign up?
- Contact AHI to express your interest and you will be assigned an AHI coach to facilitate the next steps of the process to set up the virtual tour of your health center.
We Can Help!
We offer many services to help your health center meet its goals for improving adolescent-centered care. Contact us today for more information!